- During this very critical time in our lives we all are experiencing, our program will only provide services on-line until further notice. We want to make sure everyone remains safe and healthy while providing outreach services within the greater Mankato area.
About Project G.E.M:
- Project G.E.M. (Growth, Experience, and Motivation), established in 1993, is a local south central outreach arts education nonprofit organization.
- Our program offers a variety of educational services for low income/high risk youth and young adults with a focus on positive mind, body, and soul development.
Mission and Vision:
- Coordinate, plan, and implement artistic based programs for youth-at-risk to help develop their creative self-expression. Project G.E.M. implements these activities with the help of community volunteers and college service learning students into youth facilities.
- Our mission is to provide arts based cultural, environmental, holistic and social educational opportunities to at-risk and special needs youth and young adults, which are needed to fulfill an educational gap.
Who we serve:
- Services for youth and young adults enrolled in an alternative or special needs facility or agency.
- Facilities can be group homes, day treatment centers, alternative learning centers, or other county based programs.
Direct outcomes from the program:
- Better choices for a healthier lifestyle
- Change in attitude about themselves and the world around them
- Creative self-expression through the arts
- Improved social skills, self-growth and awareness
Program services and activities:
- Art education
- Creative After Thoughts, after school art class
- Community involvement by volunteering for a local event
- Creative writing education
- Drug, alcohol, violence intervention/prevention program activities
- Music education
- Service-learning team leadership with college students
- Theater/drama education
Partnerships and connections:
- Clubs, organizations, and community agencies
- Community volunteers
- Local area businesses
- Local colleges and post secondary institutions